While every day is a great day for celebrating popcorn, the month of October is important because of the popcorn harvest, which takes place each fall across the Midwest.
Join the celebration all month long! It’s easy to create small batches of interesting flavors, like the warm pumpkin pie spices of this recipe from the Popcorn Board. This indulgent snack captures the true taste of autumn.
Warm pumpkin pie spices give this indulgent snack a true taste of autumn. Recipe from the Popcorn Board at www.popcorn.org.
White Chocolate & Pumpkin Pie Spice Popcorn Bites
- 12 cups unsalted, unbuttered popped popcorn
- 3 cups chopped white chocolate or white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1 tsp flaked sea salt, crushed
1. Line large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or waxed paper. Place popcorn in large mixing bowl.
2. In microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate, olive oil and pumpkin pie spice; microwave on Medium for 2 to 3 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring after each minute.
3. Pour melted chocolate mixture over popcorn; add toffee bits and toss to combine. Immediately transfer to prepared baking sheet, spreading to edges of pan; sprinkle sea salt over top.
4. Let cool; refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours or until set. Break into chunks for serving.
Yield: 12 servings
Tip: Homemade pumpkin pie spice can be made by combining 3 parts ground cinnamon with 1 part each ground nutmeg and ginger, and a dash of allspice and ground cloves.