Was rummaging around in my cookbook shelf and found some recipes for the microwave.
If you are looking to have something new, but don’t want the mess or the time cooking on the stove?
This is for you!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) tomato, broken up, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans (or chili beans), undrained
- 1/2 cup broken spaghetti noodles
- 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Place ground beef in 3-quart microwave proof casserole dish; break up with fork.
Add onion, green pepper, and garlic. Cover. Cook on HI 5 to 6 minutes, stirring once during cooking time.
Break up ground beef with fork; drain. Add remaining ingredients; mix lightly.
Cover. Cook on high 20 to 23 minutes, or until spaghetti is cooked, stirring every 10 minutes during cooking time.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Yield: 4 servings
Total cooking time: 25 to 29 minutes