Are your kids looking for a great gift to give?
Here is a quick “Gift in a Jar” for that special fisherman that is braving the elements this winter.
Gone Fishin’ Munchin’ Mix
- 1 cup bite-size pretzel goldfish crackers
- 1 cup bite-size corn squares cereal
- 1 cup bite-size original goldfish crackers
- 1 cup cocktail peanuts
Layer the ingredients in the order given into a wide-mouth 1-quart canning jar. Pack each layer in place before adding the next ingredient.
Attach a gift tag with the mixing and baking directions below.
- 1 jar Gone Fishin’ Munchin’ Mix
- 2 1/2 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon powdered BBQ seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 250°F. Empty contents of jar into a bowl, stirring to combine.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce and BBQ seasoning.
- Pour butter mixture over snack mixture. Stir to evenly coat snack mixture.
- Spread coated mixture in a single layer on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring mixture every 15 minutes.
- When baking is completed, remove pan from oven and spread mixture in a single layer on a paper towel to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.