“It might be the luck of the Irish that St. Patrick’s Day comes at the end of winter, when the season of green is just a few days ahead.”
“If you’re planning a Paddy Party, offer up this festive sweet treat. Everyone will be dancing a jig after one delicious bite of these minty green candy crunch clusters.”
For more popcorn making ideas visit popcorn.org.
Minty Green Popcorn Clusters
- 12 cups unsalted, unbuttered popped popcorn
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoon butter or light olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon green food coloring
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup green candy-coated chocolate candies
1) Place popcorn in large mixing bowl.
2) In saucepan set over medium heat, melt marshmallows, butter and salt, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in food coloring and peppermint extract.
3) Immediately toss marshmallow mixture with popcorn; let cool for 2 to 3 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Toss with chocolate candies.
4) Shape 3 tablespoonfuls of popcorn mixture into small cluster; repeat with remaining popcorn mixture to make about 32 clusters.
Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet; let cool completely.
Yield: 32 clusters