This recipe may become a favorite in your household. I found it at the tasteofhome.com website.
Prep/cook time is only approximately 25 minutes.
Cinnamon-Apple Pork Chops
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium tart apples, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
1. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add pork chops; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
2. Remove chops; keep warm. Add apples, pecans, brown sugar mixture and remaining butter to pan; cook and stir until apples are tender.
Serve with chops.
Yield: 4 servings.