I love going to the fair and indulging in the delectable eateries but my pocketbook says otherwise. If you are on a budget but would like to partake in the fair, try eating before going so you won’t be as likely to smother yourself in cotton candy, fries, burgers, donuts, and other goodies.
Here is a recipe from my crockpot cookbook that is sure to help you curb your fair food appetite.
It’s easy to prepare and when you are done with your fair outing you will have a good meal waiting for you at home.
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2-4 tablespoons butter
- 14 ounce jar pizza sauce
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- grated Parmesan cheese
1) Beat egg, salt and pepper together. Dip chicken into egg and coast with bread crumbs. Saute chicken in butter in skillet. Arrange chicken in slow cooker.
2) Pour pizza sauce over chicken (or you can use spaghetti sauce).
3) Cover. Cook on Low 6-8 hours.
4) Layer mozzarella cheese over top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cook an additional 15 minutes.