Found this wonderfully easy recipe for any kind of fruit jam from the best named website, Lord Byron’s Kitchen (lordbyronskitchen.com), and no it’s not our Byron starting a new career.
Easy Homemade Jam
- 4 cups fruit, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup sugar
1) Toss all ingredients in a medium-sized, deep sauce pan.
2) Turn on the heat to medium until the mixture begins to bubble.
3) Stir well and reduce the heat to a simmer.
4) Allow mixture to cook and the fruit/berries to naturally break down.
5) When the jam has reached the consistency you desire, carefully pour hot jam into a clean and sterile mason jar.
6) Being sure the rim of the jar is clean and jam-free, wipe the lid with a damp cloth, place on the seal and tighten the lid until a slight resistance is met.
7) Carefully place the jar on a kitchen towel where the jar will not be disturbed.
8) Allow the jam to fully cool; once the jam begins to cool, the seal should create a popping sound, assuring you that the jar is sealed.
9) Refrigerate or store in a cool dry place.
Note: It is very important to use a clean and sterile jar if you plan to preserve this jam for future consumption.