I was talking with some friends about some old favorite recipes from my past.
I mentioned a recipe from my German background but couldn’t remember what was all in the recipe.
Well, I happened to find the recipe in my “Fix-it and Forget-it” Slow Cooker Cookbook.
German Potato Salad
- 6 slices bacon
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 10 3/4 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar pepper to taste 4 cups parboiled, cubed potatoes parsley
1) Brown bacon in skillet and then crumble. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon drippings. Saute onions in drippings.
2) Blend together soup, water, vinegar, sugar, and pepper. Add bacon and onions. Mix well.
3) Add potatoes and parsley. Mix well. Pour into slow cooker.
4) Cover. Cook on Low 4 hours.
5) Serve warm or at room temperature.
Yield: 8 servings