I like having leftover ham. There is so many things you can make with it.
Quiche with ham and cheese, split pea soup with a ham bone, and of course the obvious, cold ham sandwiches.
But one of my favorites is something with noodles and cheese. (I usually use a prepackaged noodle side dishes to save time.)
But this recipe I found from the Spicy Southern Kitchen website. (Heads up - This recipe isn’t spicy.)
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1(10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup OR cream of mushroom soup OR cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham
- 1 cup peas (cooked)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions in salted water.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onion and mushrooms and cook until onion is soft and mushrooms are browned.
3. Add soup, milk, and both peppers to the skillet and mix well.
4. Add ham, peas, cheddar cheese, and Parmesan cheese and stir and cook over medium heat until cheese is melted. Season to taste with salt.
5. Add drained pasta to the pan and mix well.