Did you get a good rhubarb crop this year? I was surprised to see how much I got even with all the spring snow and rain.
I would like to know what you are making with your rhubarb.
If you have a good rhubarb recipe you would like to share, email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your recipe to P.O. Box 9, Minneota, MN 56264.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you. Here is my recipe I would like to share.
Rhubarb Angel Dessert
- 2 quarts rhubarb, diced
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry gelatin
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) carton of whipped topping
- 1 (10-inch) angel food cake, tear into small pieces
1) Combine rhubarb, sugar and lemon; cook over medium heat until rhubarb is soft and sugar is melted. Add gelatin and stir until dissolved.
2) Chill until starts to thicken. Fold in whipped topping. Put 1/2 cake pieces in 9 x 13 dish, pour 1/2 of mixture over it, and add the rest of the cake and mixture. Refrigerate overnight.
Recipe notes: If you don’t like raspberry gelatin, substitute strawberry.